BBQ Pulled Jackfruit TacosRecipe by: @foodbylinglingMakes: 6 soft tacosTotal time: 30mins
- 1 package BBQ Pulled Jackfruit, defrosted
Purple Cabbage Slaw
- 1 ½ cup purple cabbage, sliced, about ¼ of a small cabbage
- ½ cup vegan mayonnaise
- Black pepper
- 2 small mangos, diced
- 1 small roma tomato, diced
- ¼ small red onion, diced, about 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 6 small corn tortillas (soft), can substitute for flour tortillas
- lime wedges to serve, optional
- chopped cilantro to serve, optional
- Wash and cut all the vegetables.
- To make the creamy purple slaw, combine the sliced cabbage, vegan mayonnaise and a generous pinch of black pepper in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the mango salsa, combine all the ingredients under "Mango Salsa" in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To heat up the BBQ Pulled Jackfruit, heat a medium skillet on medium heat. Add the package of jackfruit and stir-fry for about 3mins, breaking apart the pieces and stirring constantly to avoid the bottom burning. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the tacos! Divide the BBQ Pulled Jackfruit, purple cabbage slaw and mango salsa evenly amongst the 6 soft tortillas. Serve with more fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
- To defrost the package of BBQ Pulled Jackfruit from Kula Kitchen, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Alternatively, you can let it sit in a bowl of warm water for about 1hour. Do not refreeze after thawing.
- To make a DIY taco divider, simply scrunch up small pieces of aluminum foil and place them between each taco.
- For the mango salsa, you can dice the mango and tomato and small or as big as you want. Depending on how ripe your mangoes are, I would not suggest trying to dice them very small as they would turn into mush when mixed with the other ingredients.
- Be sure to wash all of the vegetables well as you are to eat them raw. Refrigerate the slaw and salsa when not in use to maintain freshness.Visit https://www.foodbylingling.com for more great recipes!